Tips on selling safely
Modified on: Wed, 15 Jan, 2020 at 10:31 AM
- Never send or hand over items upfront in advance of receiving payment. If you are using a secure payment method (i.e PayPal or bank transfer), check that the credit amount is showing as cleared funds on your balance. If a buyer is paying by cheque, make sure the funds have cleared first.
Posting the item
- Always retain your proof of delivery & send your item via recorded delivery with insurance to be covered for any losses during transit. Please ensure the postage insurance is adequate.
- Freeads recommends to uShip to deliver to buyers.
Meeting the buyer face to face
- Do not give buyers your personal details until you are sure that they are who they say they are and a genuine buyer.
- For your personal safety, meet in a ‘lighted’ public place rather than your home and always take someone with you, or at least tell a friend where you’re going.
- Be aware of top scam warning signs, and if in doubt about a buyer either contact us or simply find another buyer.
- Please use common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- If a buyer offers a vastly reduced buying price or offers to pay more than you are asking for - be aware that this will almost certainly be part of a scam tactic.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.