- Is the dog a breed which is legal to own in the U.K.?
- Have you met the dog in its own home or the puppy with its mother?
- Have you been allowed to visit the animal two or more times?
- Do you know the animals history and whether it has any behavioural issues?
- Are the dogs medical records up to date?
- Has the dog (at 6 months +) been neutered or spayed?
- Has the dog been microchipped and does the current owner have the chip details?
- If required, have you seen the sellers/ breeders or pet shops license?
- Freeads does not recommend paying any money/deposit if you have not viewed the dog/puppy!
If the answer to any of these questions is no, please consider using a different breeder or seller and if you are concerned about the animals welfare, you can report the matter to Freeads or directly to the RSPCA.